ZS4 Video Editor is video editing and compositing
software which aims to provide media experts with a facility to combine
a variety of media types (currently photos, videos and audio files) into one (or more) output file(s).
ZS4 Video Editor can be used like an object oriented photo-manipulation program with a timeline: things that can be manipulated in a photo (workshop) program can be manipulated in ZS4 using parameters which alter over time.
ZS4 Video Editor is worth using when...
- the final output is a combination of more than 2 media sources rendered simultaneously. (like nine talking heads separately filmed, but later arranged in a 3x3 video wall combination)
- every aspect of the compositing process needs to be 'tweened with an adjustable interpolation algorithm, from rotation angles to audio volume and chroma key sensitivity etc...
- it becomes necessary to create custom effects and imaging processes by combining any number of effects using a highly flexible and infinitely variable toolbox of imaging "primitives".
- the user likes to be limited by their own imagination instead of the software-makers ideas of the "desirable".
- choice over clarity.
- uniqueness over "standard".
- chaos over order.
- flexibility over simplicity.