Decide what you are interested in and follow the simple steps to research and publish.
1. Pick the topic. This is critical as you want to make sure it is not too narrow (there is not enough information available) or too broad (lots out there, but hard to digest and find what is most interesting).
2. Do preliminary research. Collect information and dig through it.
3. Select an aspect that is particularly interesting. Maybe pick a couple and narrow down later as more information is collected.
4. Do additional research on the aspect(s) selected.
5. Try to draw conclusions or raise additional open questions.
6. Continue to research these.
7. Summarize and document what was found. Try to draw supported conclusions and identify open quesitons. Make references, include pictures.
8. Find a appropriate ways to publish. Related communities are a good place to start.