You can take this project as far as you want to. You can create designs and make a few shirts or you can build a business from your designs, sell these shirts on the web, etc. You decide how far to take it.
- The basic steps are as follows:
- Come up with a great design or set of designs.
- Decide if you are going to make a couple of a bunch of shirts.
- If you are going to make a bunch of shirts and turn this into a business, now is the time to create your business plan!
- Find a company that will print the shirts.
- Create the "print ready" versions of your designs.
- Send them to the manufacturer (you will have to pay them of course).
- If these are just for you, you are done. If not, more left to do. You need to follow the steps in your business plan.
- Create the site where you will sell your shirts. This will be using an existing site in most cases, such as eBay, Amazon, Yahoo etc.
- Ship products as the orders arrive.
- Replenish your stock as required.