I have been reading a great book called "The Global Achievement Gap" by Tony Wagner.
I completely agree with the premise behind this book - that even our best schools are not teaching the skills that our kids need to be successful. We have No Child Left Behind, which is intended to insure a level of consistency in the education that all of our kids receive, but it is not having the desired effect, and worse it is taking time away from the skill that are needed.
He lists the following seven survival skills.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Collaboration Across Networks and Leading by Influence
- Agility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Curiosity and Imagination
FreshBrain is helping to address this problem by providing a place to explore, connect, create and share!