Thanks for checking out the Getting Started page!
The following will help you to take advantage of FreshBrain in your after school program.
Become a FreshBrain Leader
We are very sorry, but the FreshBrain Leader program has been cancelled. The economy has taken its tool. As a result, we are unable to staff and run the Leader program. Please continue to take advantage of all that FreshBrain has to offer in the way of Tools, Activities, Projects and Learning Paths!
In order to take advantage of all that FreshBrain has to offer, you will need more privileges on FreshBrain. We provide this through a role called a Leader. This role is available only to adults who are involved in education and have had a background check. It will allow you to do the following.
To become a FreshBrain Leader:
STEP 1: Register for FreshBrain (if you have not already done so)
STEP 2: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following
- name of your school or after school program
- your home address and phone number
- your date of birth
We will be running a criminal and sex offender background check. When the results come back and assuming there are no issues, we will notify you that you have been approved and will add the Leader role to your account.
Use FreshBrain in your After School Program
Here is the best way to take advantage of FreshBrain.
- Explore the technology areas
- Identify Activities, Projects and Learning Paths that you wan to to use
- If you don't find what you need, you can always create your own Project (must be a Leader). This can act as a template for your members to use to create the projects that they complete.
- Create a group (must be a Leader) for your program
- Include in the group information on how to use FreshBrain- including a list of Activities, Projects and Learning Paths
- Invite your members to join FreshBrain and your group
- That's it!