In this activity, you'll create a "splash screen" for your game. The splash screen is the screen that plays when nobody is actually playing your game. A splash screen will typically have fancy graphics, and sound effects or music, intended to catch someone's attention and entice them to play the game.
For this activity, design a simple splash screen for your game. The splash screen should include the title of your game. The splash screen should display until a user presses a keyboard key or mouse button, in which case the splash screen should end and the instruction screen should display. One simple idea for a splash screen is just to have your game's main scene display, and have some of the objects from the game flying around and rotating over the scene. This will give you some more experience with moving objects around in the 3D space.
- Visit http://wildpockets.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the Build icon (the screwdriver) to enter the Builder.
- Open your previously saved scene.
- Build your splash screen. You'll probably use an event map to wait for user input to take you to the next screen
- Complete the activity by submitting the URL for your game. In the builder, go to the File menu, and select Send To A Friend. A small dialog box will pop up containing a URL; copy the URL and submit it to the activity. The URL will probably be longer than you can see in the box, so be sure to scroll and grab all of the text!