In this activity, you will add code to your script so you can shoot back at then enemies. Once you complete this activity, you will have the main components of a real game: a mission to fulfill, opponents trying to prevent you from achieving the goal, and a way to defeat the opponents. In this activity, you will:
- add script code to allow you to shoot at the enemies
Skills you will learn include:
- responding to user input: writing user input (keyboard and mouse) handlers
- dealing with object collisions in your game: writing collision handlers
- Visit http://wildpockets.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the Build icon (the screwdriver) to enter the Builder.
- Open your previously saved scene.
- Visit the Shooting Back pageof the Wild Pockets My First Game tutorial, and follow the instructions. When completed, you will have a complete working game.
- Visit the Shooting Back: Digging Deeper page for a more detailed discussion of what's happening in the Wild Pockets tutorial. You may want to have both of these pages open in your browser at the same time, so you can refer to the Digging Deeper page while you're working on the tutorial.
- Complete the activity by submitting the URL for your game. In the builder, go to the File menu, and select Send To A Friend. A small dialog box will pop up containing a URL; copy the URL and submit it to the activity. The URL will probably be longer than you can see in the box, so be sure to scroll and grab all of the text!