In this activity, you will add some action to your game! You will add a "script" (a program) to your scene, that drives the camera view down a path that you will define. You will:
- create a scrpt
- set path "waypoints" in your script
- create commands in your script to travel along the path
Skills you will learn include:
- programming in Wild Pockets' scripting language, Lua
- understanding the concept of the camera view in 3D gaming
- Visit http://wildpockets.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the Build icon (the screwdriver) to enter the Builder.
- Open your previously saved scene.
- Visit the Riding the Rails page of the Wild Pockets My First Game tutorial, and follow the instructions. When completed, your game will exhibit movement along a path in your 3D scene.
- Visit the Riding the Rails: Digging Deeper page for a more detailed discussion of what's happening in the Wild Pockets tutorial. You may want to have both of these pages open in your browser at the same time, so you can refer to the Digging Deeper page while you're working on the tutorial.
- Complete the activity by submitting the URL for your game. In the builder, go to the File menu, and select Send To A Friend. A small dialog box will pop up containing a URL; copy the URL and submit it to the activity. The URL will probably be longer than you can see in the box, so be sure to scroll and grab all of the text!