Getting started with animation is easy. Getting good takes some work. This activity will provide you with the opportunity to complete three tutorials that will help you to build valuable animation skills.
Below is the list of tutorials that you will follow, create the animation and upload the results.
- A bouncing ball
- A person walking
- A figure jumping
Have fun with it!
Here are the steps to complete this activity.
- Download the tool that you plan to use (Recommended tools below)
- Select a tutorial that looks interesting to you (Links are in the link section below)
- Follow the steps in the toturial. But rather than sketching each step, use the tool and create frames.
- Move on to the next tutorial, follow the steps, create frames.
- Move on to the last tutorial and do the same.
- Once you have completed all of the tutorial, save the result as a video. Note: if you are using Pencil, you need to save as a Flash sfw file. This will then needs to be converted to a stanrdard format to be uploaded. An example of a windows tool that will do this is IWISoft Flash / SWF to Video Converter.
- Upload the video to this Activity.
Feel free along the way to add more ... explore the things that you can do. Try different frame rates, add color, show your creativity!