It use to be that only major labels could make music videos. But with all of the free tools out there, anyone can do it. All you need is your creativity, a camera and a computer.
These steps are important to follow in creating your music video.
- Choose your song
- Get your stuff together (team, camera, lights, etc.)
- Plan it out
- Create a storyboard
- Decide who will be doing what
- Think about different angles, shots, effects
- Keep track of the shots that you make
- It is better to take too much and cut it than not to have enough
- Capture live footage
- Get some stock footage
- Look for this in the public domain or as creative commons
- Edit (see recommended tools)
- Think about special effects, transitions, etc.
- Add titles and credits
Suggested Activity Tools
You will need a few thins to complete this activity.
- A video camera
- A computer
- Video editing software