This activity uses RoboMind, a robot simulation environment, to present the fundamental concepts of robotics. No prior experience with Robotics is necessary! There is some simple programming involved, but don't be afraid to give it a try even if you have never programmed before. The activity instructions will show you everything you need to know!
In this activity, you will:
- Become familiar with RoboMind, a robot simulation environment
- Command a robot to move where you want it to go
- Teach the robot to sense it's surroundings, so it doesn't crash
- Make the robot perform a simple task for you (pick up and move an object)
- You need the RoboMind software to complete this activity. If you have done other RoboMind activities, you should already have the software installed on your system. If not, visit the Installation Page for full instructions on installing RoboMind.
- Visit the Fundamentals of Robotics - Exercise page, and follow the instructions. Be sure to save your work at the end of the exercise! Don't worry, the instructions will tell you how to do this.
- Submit your solution (your saved RoboMind program) to this activity by clicking the Submit button and following the instructions.