In this activity, you wll learn how to take great digital photos. It's important to learn to take great photos, because if you start with a bad photo, no amount of fancy processing can turn it into great art.
In this activity, you will:
- Take some great photos
- Use GIMP to crop a photo
Skills you will learn include:
- Using the GIMP interface
- Cropping photos
- Saving files in different formats
- Visit Giant Campus Digital Graphics Lab
- Select Workshop 1: Photo Essentials
- Go through the pages of the Workshop. In the Workshop, there is 1 lab, where you will crop a photo.
- When you have completed the Workshop, submit your images using the Submit button on the activity page. You must submit both the original image and the cropped image, so don't lose the original image! When you save the cropped image, be sure you save it with a different name. You may do more than 1 pair of photos if you wish. When you post your images, pleast post in .jpg or .png format. Do not post the GIMP .xcf project files. The xcf files allow you to work with the image in GIMP, but cannot be used directly to post on a web page or print at a photo printing service. This is explained pretty well in the Workshop, but if you don't understand, please ask in the group forum!
- Go to the forum, post links to your submissions, discuss what you learned, and share any cool tricks you may have discovered while working with the Gimp drawing tools.