In this activity, you'll learn how to create a drawing from a photo. This is a cool process that starts with an actual photo, but turns it into something that looks like a drawing or painting. Even if you feel like you're not a good freehand artist, these skills will allow you to create some very cool art.
In this activity, you will:
- Use layers in drawings
- Make drawings from photos
- Create different effects using a variety of brushes
- Design a desktop tile
Skills you will learn include:
- Using layers, a very powerful tool for manipulating images
- Using brushes, which give you lots of control over how your images look
- Visit Giant Campus Digital Graphics Lab
- Select Workshop 3: Drawing with GIMP
- Go through the pages of the Workshop. In the Workshop, there are 3 labs. For each lab, you will use Gimp to create or modify a picture.
- When you have completed the Workshop, submit your images using the Submit button on the activity page. You will have at least 3 images, one for each lab. You may submit more, but you must submit at least 3 images for this activity.
- Go to the forum, post links to your submissions, discuss what you learned, and share any cool tricks you may have discovered while working with the Gimp drawing tools.