This contest has been extended to OCTOBER 15th, the winner will be awarded $500!
FreshBrain needs new graphics for its Robotics technology area, which will shortly be released. Here's a great opportunity to add to your graphic design portfolio and get your work seen on FreshBrain for the forseeable future! We need two images which capture graphically what will be possible for young people to create in Robotics. Here is an example:
- We need two images total. Each image should exist within the same graphic theme, but be slightly different. The images MUST NOT contain any copyrighted images, however, you can use Creative Commons images. The theme should be of your own design. We need:
- A 620 x 220 pixel image for the Robotics tech area page.
- A 118 x 88 pixel image for the Explore page.
- Check out our current technology areas for an idea of how we will use these.
- You must submit each image separately to this activity, so be sure to label your submissions so that when we judge them, we understand that they are all part of the same theme. You are welcome to submit multiple themes--just be sure to label them so that we can tell them apart from one another. A good example might be, "John Cho Submission 1 620x200", "John Cho Submission 1 118x88", "John Cho Submission 2 620x200"... and so forth.
- Include a brief description of how you created your theme in the "Remarks" field of the 620 x 220 pixel submission. You MUST include this description in order to be chosen as a winner or finalist.
Here is a summary.
- Must be US resident age 13-18 to participate
- Design must be of your own creation
- Standard image formats only (jpeg, gif, png, tiff)
- Submit between 7/30/09 and 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on 8/15/09
- Enter as many times as you would like
Please be sure to review the complete set of rules.
UPDATE! The top design will win a $500 prize!
The top four designs will receive first place, second place and third place badges for their FreshBrain profiles. The top ten designs will receive finalist badges.
See the rules for more details.