This activity will have you create a brand new scenario, world, and actors using the Greenfoot IDE. In this activity, you will:
- Create a new scenario.
- Create a new world and add a background to it.
- Create a new ‘actor’ and cut and paste code to give it content.
- Run the scenario.
Skills you will learn include:
- Being able to use the Greenfoot IDE to create your own scenarios, worlds and actors.
- Learn where to go for options on backgrounds, images and other ways to customize your scenario.
- Start up Greenfoot.
- This activity has lots of code and explanation, and would be messy and difficult to follow if it were all written right here in the activity steps. So the real work for this activity is described in the Creating Your Own Scenario and World - Digging Deeper page. Visit the page and follow the instructions in the tutorial.
- Please read the following instructions for preparing your work prior to submission to this activity.
- Select Scenario -> Export. Choose Webpage (from Publish, Webpage, Application) and select a location to save the scenario as an applet (a jar file and a .html file).
- Submit the exported jar file for this activity.