In this activity, you will add some enemies to your game. Once you have these bad guys shooting at you, it will start to feel like a real game! In this activity, you will:
- select enemy objects from the object library and add them to your game
- add object scripts to the enemies so they will act (shoot at you)
Skills you will learn include:
- object scripting, which allows control of individual objects in the game
- timer events, which cause things to happen automatically in the game
- Visit http://wildpockets.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the Build icon (the screwdriver) to enter the Builder.
- Open your previously saved scene.
- Visit the Adding Enemies page of the Wild Pockets My First Game tutorial, and follow the instructions. When completed, your game will include some bad guys trying to defeat you.
- Visit the Adding Enemies: Digging Deeper page for a more detailed discussion of what's happening in the Wild Pockets tutorial. You may want to have both of these pages open in your browser at the same time, so you can refer to the Digging Deeper page while you're working on the tutorial.
- Complete the activity by submitting the URL for your game. In the builder, go to the File menu, and select Send To A Friend. A small dialog box will pop up containing a URL; copy the URL and submit it to the activity. The URL will probably be longer than you can see in the box, so be sure to scroll and grab all of the text!